While most reservoirs in the region were constructed for irrigation there is always an exception to the rule. The Goodrich Reservoir on Goodrich Creek near Westwood was constructed in 1912. Its main purpose was for a domestic water supply for the residents of Westwood and also as a water supply for the Red River Lumber Company’s millpond. During the winter months, it found another use as it was a popular ice-skating spot. In 1931, the State of California inspected the dam, deemed it a hazard and was removed.